Firemote project is finally public

A couple of months ago, we started working on a project, code named firemote, to help in the detection and prevention of forest fires in Lebanon. I didn’t say anything about it because i was waiting for it to be announced, and the announcement was finally done a few days ago. The press coverage(in english) is at

Sadly, the coverage doesn’t really do justice to the project and its potential impact on the devastating forest fires that eat up a substantial amount of forests each year. But i think this will be addressed when the pilot is under way and we have some results to show.

The project was a collaboration between the American University of Beirut () and the Association for Forests, Development&Conversation(). I was one of the researchers at AUB.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *